A short account on our travel to the Chingis Haans „village”.
The place. The place reminded me our licensing workshops because foreigners have to pay a special tax (3000 tugrik) for exiting the place. Locals are charged 300. Now, does that not remind you the museums in St. Petersburg or Moscow? : )
The trip. But the trip was nice. I`d say Mongolia – nuts and bolts. Ichka took us to a nearby ger village – a replica of what real one should look like. Us means – two Latvians and David from South Africa.The v
alley was lovely and quite, the day still is absolutely fabulous, warm (no wind), sunny and the sky...Well you already know what I think about Mongolia’s sky. We got our of no-roads experience, a nice ger to have lunch in (for those interested, I had a very liberal (as David, also a vegetarian said) vegetarian lunch – a meat dumpling and a meat soup: ). Valts tried to ride a horse and in turns we amused the little boy who took care of us by trying to pretend to be good archers. Our taxi driver on the other hand took great pleasure in taking the bumpiest parts of the “no road” so that we could jump and fall, and bump in in the roof of the car. He had fun and so did we..
This place keeps fascinating me. What people would usually take as a lack of order, here seems to be a natural way of things and thinking. If there is no road then you just make one of your own! A new, posh house has a seemingly old ger just in front of it, definitely not posh. Fluffy cows walk around the highway dressed in nice warm coats, near the ger districts cars are driving wherever and over whatever on the roadsides. And just across the road there is one of the sacred mountains of Mongolia ( no woman allowed on it, that could be a ). Now I believe I`ll go for a walk…
alley was lovely and quite, the day still is absolutely fabulous, warm (no wind), sunny and the sky...Well you already know what I think about Mongolia’s sky. We got our of no-roads experience, a nice ger to have lunch in (for those interested, I had a very liberal (as David, also a vegetarian said) vegetarian lunch – a meat dumpling and a meat soup: ). Valts tried to ride a horse and in turns we amused the little boy who took care of us by trying to pretend to be good archers. Our taxi driver on the other hand took great pleasure in taking the bumpiest parts of the “no road” so that we could jump and fall, and bump in in the roof of the car. He had fun and so did we..
This place keeps fascinating me. What people would usually take as a lack of order, here seems to be a natural way of things and thinking. If there is no road then you just make one of your own! A new, posh house has a seemingly old ger just in front of it, definitely not posh. Fluffy cows walk around the highway dressed in nice warm coats, near the ger districts cars are driving wherever and over whatever on the roadsides. And just across the road there is one of the sacred mountains of Mongolia ( no woman allowed on it, that could be a ). Now I believe I`ll go for a walk…
Comments